Tiny House: Building a Bed

September 4, 2017 Categories Tiny House

I finished up my bed/couch/lounge today and not only do I love it, but it’s surprisingly comfortable and I have already made use of some of its many storage compartments. I wouldn’t call the bed fancy in any way, but it’s definitely functional and multi-purposed. I started by building a basic raised platform directly attached … Continue reading Tiny House: Building a Bed

Tiny House: Sliding Door

September 2, 2017 Categories Tiny House

It feels like it took forever to be able to build and install my sliding door for my bathroom, but it’s finally mounted up on the wall and I love it. I honestly didn’t think I would like it as much as I do. I haven’t been able to build or install it until recently … Continue reading Tiny House: Sliding Door

Tiny House: Kitchen (Part 1)

August 13, 2017 Categories Tiny House

Today was a small win over what seemed far too long to build such a small cabinet for my kitchen. Admittedly, I’m not actually done. My sink is not caulked down yet and I still have to connect the plumbing, but for the most part, the base cabinet is done. I plan on building upper … Continue reading Tiny House: Kitchen (Part 1)

Tiny House: Pressurized Water System

July 9, 2017 Categories Tiny House

One of the many conveniences about modern living that people often take for granted is having clean, running water. I’ve lived in multiple places during my life where running water wasn’t a luxury that was available. Even though I hope to live in my tiny house as more of an off-grid thing, I still want … Continue reading Tiny House: Pressurized Water System

Tiny House: Wall Paneling

July 1, 2017 Categories Tiny House

I’ve been sporadically working on the wall paneling over the past few weekends and finally have almost all of it put up. It took a lot longer than I was expecting (everything always does). I kept stopping to work on completely different systems (like the plumbing for the shower) as it prevented me from being able to … Continue reading Tiny House: Wall Paneling

Tiny House: Rustic Screen Door

May 29, 2017 Categories Tiny House

I’ve been working on building a rustic screen door and yesterday I finally got it installed. Simply put, I love it. Some of my earliest memories are at my grandpa’s old farm house, sitting on his steps making mud pies with Jenny, with an old screen door behind me. That thing was weathered, slightly askew, … Continue reading Tiny House: Rustic Screen Door

Tiny House: Flooring

May 14, 2017 Categories Tiny House

I got the flooring put in place today. The stuff I went with is a vinyl plank flooring called “Seasoned Wood” and, if you didn’t guess by its name, it looks like seasoned wood. Other than the general appearance, I also bought it because each box comes with three different width pieces (three thicker pieces, three medium … Continue reading Tiny House: Flooring

Tiny House: Ceiling

May 13, 2017 Categories Tiny House

It has begun. I’ve started working on the inside on the house and figured I’d get the ceiling up first. I’m using Montana Ghost Wood again (the same wood that I used for my siding). Other than I think it looks amazing, I also wanted something to tie the outside to the inside and the … Continue reading Tiny House: Ceiling

Tiny House: Insulation

May 10, 2017 Categories Tiny House

Whoo! Today the installers finished putting in the closed-cell foam insulation and it looks BADASS! My tiny house actually feels more like a house than a shed! I’m pee-my-pants excited to finally start working on the inside of the house. This is hopefully the only thing about my house that I’ll have to hire someone to install. … Continue reading Tiny House: Insulation

Tiny House: Siding

December 31, 2016 Categories Tiny House

When I first started out, all I knew is that I wanted wood siding. I saw a lot of pictures of people who built beautiful cedar sided tiny homes and I couldn’t help but want one. I think cedar has a very clean, finished look and that appeals to the modern side of me. At … Continue reading Tiny House: Siding