I recently purchased the ultra-fast class 10 Eye-Fi Mobi 32 GB SD card with built-in WiFi. The Eye-Fi card allows you to take a photo with your regular camera (or multiple cameras) and have all your pictures magically appear on your phone, computer, or whatever other device they make an app for. You can also subscribe to their cloud service and instantly stream/share your photos on the net. The best part? You do NOT need to subscribe to their cloud service if all you want to do is transfer photos to your phone or other device! They even support a wide range of cameras (be sure to check that your camera is on the list before buying).
Setup is extremely easy! Simply remove the card from the packaging along with the credit card sized plastic card which contains the activation code. You can download their app (available for both Android and Apple) and enter the activation code that came with the card. That’s it! Now all you have to do is take a picture and watch as it magically appears on your device (pretty sure millions of tiny, invisible elves are carrying the bits of data over for you. Trust me, I’m an expert).
I am extremely impressed by how awesome the Eye-Fi card is and their app that goes with it is very easy to use. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone.
* Includes MPG, MOV, FLV, MWV, AVI, MP4, MTS, M4V, and 3GP files smaller than 2GB each.
- Network: Broadcasts its own WPA2 secured network with a 10 character passphrase
- Storage Capacity: 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, and 32 GB (1 GB is defined as 10^9 Bytes)
- Power: Advanced power management optimizes use of camera battery
- Card Dimensions: SD standard 32mm x 24mm x 2.1mm
- Card Weight: 0.1 oz
- File Notation: Supports 8.3 DOS file notation with FAT 16 file system
- An Apple device running iOS 7.0 or later
- An Android or Amazon Kindle device running Android 4.0.3 or later
- A PC running Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Pro with a Wi-Fi card, Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework, 2 GB of RAM, and 20 MB available hard disk space
- A Macintosh running OS X 10.8 or later with Wi-Fi capability, 2 GB of RAM, and 10 MB available hard disk space